Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

- When is the first day of School?        August 28th 2019

Student Registration

Registration for NEw students 2019-2020

Remember parents that there is a process for your child's registration. The following information is what is needed to complete the process.

Enrollment Window is OPEN

To begin the Enrollment Process there is an ONLINE REGISTRATION that needs to be completed. Please click on the image below to get started.


Important Please Note: If you are new to LBUSD you will need to create an account, if you already have a student attending you will use your current ParentVUE account. Once you have completed the online portion please bring the required documents below to the Riley's Office between 8am -3pm Monday-Friday to complete the enrollment process.


Please bring the following required documents:

* Residency Verification [EC 48204.1]

Acceptable documentation of a residence includes two of the following (must be recent and in the name of the parent or legal guardian registering the child):

  • Property tax payment receipt
  • Rental property contract, lease or payment receipt (must have address on document)
  • Utility service contract (current electric, gas, or water) statement or payment receipt
  • Pay stub
  • Voter Registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency mailed to the parent/guardian’s address (e.g., Department of Public Social Services, Social Security, Medi-Cal, etc.)   

Other forms of bills (e.g., telephone, cable, bank statements, DMV registration) do not satisfy the residency requirement. A driver’s license or identification card is acceptable for the purpose of identification, but not for establishing residency. If you are unable to provide this information, please speak with the office regarding your situation.


* Proof of Age [EC 48002]

For first time enrollees, age must be verified. Acceptable methods of age verification are through one of the following:

  • Birth Certificate (Government issued/official documents)
  • Baptismal Certificate (original documents)
  • Passport (parents must also supply birth certificate, divorce decree/court order that acknowledges them as parents for identification purposes)
  • Affidavit from the parent/guardian that certifies a student’s age

Other forms of verification such as hospital certificates are not acceptable.

Please Note: To enroll for Kindergarten, children must be five (5) years old by September 1. If a child will turn five (5) between September 2 and December 2, the child will be enrolled in Transitional Kindergarten (TK). Space for Transitional Kindergarten is limited.


Immunization Records [EC 48216]

Must be an original immunization record stamped by the doctor or official school record presented at the time of enrollment for students that are new to the district.

For Immunization Requirements for K-12 students entering LBUSD schools, go to “I” in the A-Z Index at, then go to Immunizations. For information about immunizations required for school entry in California, go to  Students cannot be enrolled if they are not completely up to date on immunizations.


Previous School Information

Please provide the name, address, and phone number of the last school attended. In addition, a copy of the current report card and a copy of last year’s Smarter Balanced Test Scores (SBAC) would be helpful.         


Special Education

Additional documentation is required if the student was receiving Special Education services at his/her previous school. Please provide a copy of your child’s most recent IEP. It will be forwarded to the district’s Special Education Administrator who will review the IEP in detail and determine the appropriate placement for your child based upon what was agreed to in your child’s IEP. The school site will assist you in completing an Interim Placement Request form, please inform the office staff that your child has received an IEP at a previous school.


* Health History/Medication at School

Please provide a doctor’s note for serious or chronic health problems and physical education accommodations. Any student who needs to take medication at school must have a Medication at School Request form on file with the nurse. It must be completed and signed by a doctor and signed by the parent/guardian. To access this form, go to “S” on the A-Z index at, Select Student Health Services, Scroll down to Student Health Services Forms, Medications at School – Parent Request.